on 6/12/00 2:21 AM, david bonde at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> At 17.05 -0700 00-06-11, Glenn L. Austin wrote/00-06-11, 17.05 -0700
>> Since the G4s apparently draw so little power when in "real sleep" mode,
>> you'll probably want to simply set up the machine to go to sleep, but make
>> sure that you have "Load only when needed" unchecked in the TCP/IP control
>> panel, so that the TCP/IP stack won't be unloaded when the machine is put to
>> sleep.
> It's not because of a energy saving reasons we want to put this
> computer to sleep, it's because it's so noisy:-( Therefore, I repeat
> my question, how to generate 'administrative network activity'? The
> network assistant has a function 'Wake up computer' but it doesn't
> work. What is 'administrative network activity'?

I personally haven't figured out what constitutes "administrative network
activity," but I imagine that it is based upon the network assistant or
Macintosh Manager.

However, because the machine is off (not asleep), nothing that you target to
the computer will "wake it up," because it is not really asleep, it is

// Glenn L. Austin
// Computer Wizard and Race Car Driver
// http://www.austin-home.com/glenn/