From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf
Of jakob krabbe
Sent: Wednesday, June 21, 2000 4:57 AM
To: retro-talk
Subject: RE: onstream deal??

>OnStream is a spin off from Philips Electronics.
>
>You can find out about their drives and ADR technology from:
>
>http://www.onstream.com

OK, so the tapes are called ADR. I downloaded the whitepapers and will take
a look...

The reason I ask is that I haven't seen them around in any catalogue from
all the large mailorder companies and there have been no disussion (or
little???) regarding this technology on this list... That makes me a little
sceptic, though the price / data seemed really interresting.

The disscussion: Either no-one are using them or there are loads of
OnStream/ADR users on this list and no-one is ever encounter any
problems... ;-)

Back-up is important stuff and if stuffes are cheap a good solution will
turn to a poor in no time... VXA seemed interresting as well.

thanx,

/ jakob