le 22/06/00 9:36, jakob krabbe écrivait :

> At 09:42 2000-06-21 -0400, you wrote:
>> Last I heard, the drivers were not available for the Mac.  It's not a very
>> popular format for the PC either.  I would definitely recommend VXA over
>> Onstream if you're addressing smaller backup needs (<20GB).
>>
>> Steve
>
> Your input is greatly appreachiated. The thing is, and that's why I'm
> asking, the deal came to me via mail from one of Sweden's larger Macintosh
> dealers, (if not the largest??) MacSupport. Any dealer, no matter the
> platform, should have back-up experience.
>
> I find it hard to belive that they would promote a poor product... I also
> find it hard to belive they would fool me and others on back-up strategies...
>
> thanx all,
>
> / jakob

I have an ADR 50 since mid june. works well with RR 4.2. Anyway, it have
some problems of negociation with an Adaptec 39160 card (appear as an
asynchronous narrow device).

On an older card (Grappler) it can achieve speed of 120 Mo/mn.

I think it's a very good choice for it's capacity and it's very low price.
--
 Malo de Lastelle
       Tribord   -  26, rue Pagès  -  92150 Suresnes  -   France