I recently set up a backup server for a friend with a small network.
There is no internet access device on the network; instead 2 macs (one
pbook, one iMac) dial in thru built-in modems. I created a new TCP/IP
configuration (w/static addresses) for ethernet so that Retrospect could
backup via TCP/IP, and it all works. But it created a clunky scenario
for the 2 internet macs, where the users have to switch TCP/IP
configurations constantly (one for ethernet, one for PPP/internet).

Now they're telling me that ever since I did the setup, the powerbook
dials the internet once an hour. Is this because the retrospect client
is forcing a network lookup? Is there anything I should have done
differently?
--

top of the world,

Luke Jaeger, Technology Coordinator
Disney Magazine Publishing
Northampton, Massachusetts
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Any opinions expressed in this message are my own and may not represent
the opinions of Disney Publishing, etc etc etc.

*