Why do I get only 55 - 60 MB/min and not faster?

The server is a G3 at 233 MHz with a 100 MBit card and the client is a new
G4 at 400 MHz.

I'm using the VXA tapes and maybe I'm missing some of the settings. I did
click the software compression checkbox but maybe that's unessesary.

I have the DES encryption, maybe that type of encryption is slowing
everything down...??

Anyone hwo is able to crack into a 128 Bit encryption would probably find
the info at our company extremely unuseful...

Maybe it would be better haveing a lighter encryption for all the
workstations... We're an advertisement agency and there is no point in
protecting EPS images with 128 Bit encryption...

/ jakob