I have the Retrospect app on our other Mac server which has the same
setting up just a different RAID. I have to do this until I get this
solved, or I would have two computers crashing after each backup. I have
switch the app and the remote client on the two server and I get the
same problem on which ever is remotely backed up. Down graded both to
8500 isn't a very good solution.

It's good to hear that you are doing this without problems.  What model
is your server? What type of internal HD do you have? I am using a first
generation blue and white G3 with the Ultra wide 9 GB internal HD I also
have a MicroNet Data Dock 7000 and a MicroNet Genesis RAID, each is on
separate servers.

Rhona Cash
Macintosh Systems Administrator
Gear For Sports, Inc.