I was looking into purchasing Retrospect Server to back up our
collection of NT servers, but there are two concerns. I have seen the
Exchange agent which allows backup of an always running Exchange server,
but I saw nothing in the way of IIS. We recently had to restore our IIS 4
server, which was quite a pain since the native IIS backup took literally
hours to restore. Does there exist a tool, or is there a plan to make a
tool with similar function to the Exchange server agent, but for IIS? If
not, does anyone have any strategies for backing up an IIS server?
    The other issue was SQL. I noticed that the SQL agent was "being worked
on". I was just wondering if there was any more detail released about that,
like an ETA or a plan for release.
    Retrospect otherwise looks like an excellent product, and I'm quite
pleased with the trial version I downloaded. Even if these problems can't
be worked around, we'll probably purchase Retrospect for the rest of the
    Thanks for your time and suggestions..

--Doug Clements