Sorry about the confusion.  I did pretty much the same thing you did (built a disk,
tested, then burned a CD from that)  If I entered the serial number on that disk
(while unlocked) when I try to launch from a locked disk is won't launch.  If I do
NOT enter the serial number, then it will launch but I have to enter the serial
number each time.  (same as you)  It works, I was just hoping for a way to run it
without having to enter the serial number each time.
Is it a security feature or something? It sure would be handy to be able to do
this.
I may even experiment with an Applescript that will open the app, then copy and
paste the serial number for me.
I'm willing to test any ideas you may have.
Tim