I'd first follow the advice given me by Ecrix Irena a few weeks ago,
and if that doesn't help, most likely your drive is experience some
sort of scsi problems with your computer. I'll forward you that post.

If that advice doesn't help, I'd contact Ecrix and tell them about
your situation. Pulling logfiles and giving them sense information
from the drive will help to resolve the situation. Some of us with
certain configurations have been working with Ecrix to resolve
problems with Retro Mac and VXA drives. They are working on firmware
updates to resolve specific problems that folks are experiencing. I
have found Ecrix to be most responsive to folks with certain
configurations who can help them debug their drives.

Jim Coefield