I posted the email below last Friday. Since then we have been
trying to chase up some alternative cables and terminators but
haven't got any yet...

However, we have been able to get Retrospect to talk to the drive and
perform a backup if we restart the computer and run Retrospect
immediately. If we leave the computer running and wait for
Restrospect to start automatically at 2am then we get the same 102

So, is it possible the 102 error could be software related? Or is it
still likely to be SCSI? Could there be some other problem with the

Any suggestions most welcome,

Adrian Smith

Adrian Smith (PhD Student)        T CELL BIOLOGY GROUP
Centenary Institute of Cancer Medicine & Cell Biology
Locked Bag No.6 Newtown, NSW 2042
Ph: (02) 9565-6198 Fax: (02)-9565-6103