Hi again,
        I only received one response to the email below about 102
errors disappearing after restarts...so if anyone else has any light
to shed it would be appreciated. Since I posted we have found that if
IE crashes (which it does extremely frequently on the backup) machine
then we will always get the 102 error unless we restart first.
However, this is not the only cause of the problem...

What I am most interested in this time is a solution to another
problem created by these 102 errors along with the 519 errors we are
having with G4 machines. Basically when Retrospect gives us the 102
error it assumes that the current tape cannot be used and asks for a
new one next time the backup runs, even if the tape appears to be
less than half full...

So, is there any to force Retrospect to keep using that tape?

We can reset the catalog and start again but that is big effort
because it takes several goes to get the G4s completely backed up
(whereas the nightly incrementals nearly always work). We can just
give to Retrospect and give it a new tape but our tape supplies (and
budget) are limited and we want to make the most of them.

So far we have tried repairing the catalog and that hasn't helped. Is
there anything else we can do?

Thanks,
Adrian