Hi all,
        We are having problems backing up G4s over the network.
Basically, they get part way through the backup and then Retrospect
looses the connection. The problem seems to be at the G4 end as once
this has happened they have lost network connectivity until the next
restart (sleep and waking seems to restore it as well). This seems to
be the problem that was addressed by the "Ethernet Update 1.0" and
our network does seem to come close to the type of network described
in the Apple TIL on the subject. HOWEVER, installing the Ethernet
Update doesn't fix the problem, although it may have made it a little
better (the backup SEEMS to get a bit further).

So, does anyone know how complete a fix the Ethernet Update was? Are
there reports of G4s still having network problems?

Does anyone have any suggestions for a workaround?

Any other suggestions as to the cause? We have had zero problems
backing up an iMac, a beigeG3 and an LCIII but the three G4s (and my
Powerbook (firewire) which we just tested) seem to fail almost every
time...

Thanks
Adrian