On Wed, 22 Nov 2000, matt barkdull wrote:

> >Beige G3 has 10/100... 9600 - maybe, probably not
>
> Neither has 10/100 built in.  Just checked the Apple Spec database to
> be sure.
>
> This is a 300, but specs also show that the 366 only had 10BaseT.

Correct.  In any case, we run a number of Asante 10/100 PCI cards in beige
G3 and earlier-vintage servers, and they communicate quite well with
Asante switches using 100 Mbps full-duplex connections.

If you are using an Asante card, download the latest driver package, which
includes the "Asante ADLS for PCI" program.  This will tell you at what
speed and duplex setting the card is running, and let you match this to
the corresponding switch port.

Good luck,

MI