Doug is correct, though the limit is somewhere closer to 300,000 files.
Retrospect for Windows 5.15 (and earlier) has an unexpected memory usage
limitation (i.e., a bug) that prevents it from successfully scanning a
volume containing more than 300K files. In such a case, Retrospect will
respond with Error 625 (Not enough memory).

This problem has been identified and will be fixed in the next release.

In the meantime, the workaround is to have Retrospect backup that volume as
two or more subvolumes (outlined on pages 164-165 of the Retrospect User's
Guide).

HTH.

Eric Ullman
Dantz Development