Thanks very much for this David. This is exactly the sort of stuff I needed
to hear. I had already decided to run the drive on a dedicated bus hence the
Adaptec card but the solution of turning off software compression is great
insider knowledge, invaluable to someone like me going in to make it all
work in a limited timeframe.
Thanks again
Rob Findlay