Please to report that everything worked beautifully straight out of the box.
Adaptec card into G3, install driver, connect VXA, install Retrospect, drive
is recognised without need for VXA driver update. Install clients, all
machines came straight up. I left if plowing through a local 20 Gig drive at
about 200MB/min. Things will slow down horribly when it hits the clients at
10Mb but I'm looking forward to checking the log tomorrow to see how it all
went.
I wish all jobs were this easy.
Thanks to David Weeks & Val Junker for input.

Rob Findlay
Mactherapy
Solutions & support for
Macintosh Computers