At 9:46 AM -0800 1/12/01, Glenn L. Austin wrote:
>  > At 19:34 2001-01-11 -0800, you wrote:
>>>  I need to check to be sure, but I believe both are HFS +.
>>>  The powerbook is running Retrospect, and backing itself up
>>>  onto a firewire drive.
>>>  --
>>
>>  The 2 gb limit is damn annoying but you have to get used to it. The limit
>>  is the mac os itself, not retrospect.
>
>Well, that's not entirely true -- the other night I captured 54 minutes of
>video at 340x240x16, and the resulting file is almost 15Gb in size, so files
>bigger than 2Gb are entirely possible.

It depends entirely on what OS you're using.

OS9 and higher supports file sizes larger than 2GB. 8.6 and lower do not.

Julia Frizzell                        http://www.netspace.org/~glyneth
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                   http://www.theblackroad.org
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                                      ICQ: 8458071
"Honor is what you know about yourself. Reputation is what others
think about you." -- Aral Vorkosigan