And, another observation I can throw into the mix:  if the 'set
submitted' is on, the diff cannot be loaded - regardless of
'permissions'.

I'd be happy to upgrade to a newer version - but according to
'easy_install ReviewBoard':
  Searching for ReviewBoard
  Best match: ReviewBoard 0.9.dev-20081207
  Processing ReviewBoard-0.9.dev_20081207-py2.5.egg
  ReviewBoard 0.9.dev-20081207 is already the active version in easy-
install.pth
  Installing rb-site script to /usr/bin

  Using /usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/ReviewBoard-0.9.dev_20081207-
py2.5.egg
  Processing dependencies for ReviewBoard

So - without going 'bleeding edge', I'm not sure what version to
upgrade to.  How "bad" are the nightly builds (as per
http://code.google.com/p/reviewboard/wiki/GettingStarted, Bleeding
Edge Releases)?  Is that what I should do?  What are the risks with
"downgrading"?  I'm assuming the database upgrade does not downgrade
terribly well :(.

Many thanks,
Julius.