Hi Christian,

Don't I feel silly :).  I've now performed (as root):
   # easy_install --upgrade ReviewBoard Djblets
   # sudo rb-site upgrade somepath/reviewboard
 .. and restarted memcached.

This installed:
   Djblets-0.4.dev_20090109-py2.5.egg
   ReviewBoard-0.9.dev_20090109-py2.5.egg

Initially, there was no change - until I restarted the webserver (I'm
running mod_python) ... and now it all looks fine.

Many thanks for your help ... Keep up the good work :).

Julius.