one more thing... if I go into the admin area of reviewboard, i see
this:
Review Board version    1.0beta2

but I haven't run the rb-site upgrade command yet (by the way, the
reviewboard website is all 500 errors)

so, after running rb-site upgrade, it appears like things are ok...
except that the old .egg files are still in my python directories - is
it safe to delete them or what should I be doing?

[r...@home src]# rb-site upgrade /var/www/rb/
        Rebuilding directory structure
        Updating database
        Upgrading Review Board from 1.0alpha4 to 1.0beta2
        Installing json fixture 'initial_data' from '/usr/lib/python2.4/site-
packages/ReviewBoard-1.0beta2-py2.4.egg/reviewboard/scmtools/
fixtures'.
        Installed 6 object(s) from 1 fixture(s)
        No evolution required
.