On Wed, Aug 12, 2009 at 7:25 AM, gbjbaanb <andy.bolstri...@gmail.com> wrote:

> 4. LDAP... I don't know python, so I can't help much. The idea behind
> the proxy user is that you log on as that user and perform a search
> for the user you want to log on as. If that succeeds, you use the same
> connection to bind as the user with the user's password. Lots of
> people on this thread have wanted ldap, might I point you in the
> direction of http://www.python-ldap.org/docs.shtml

Then it sounds like we have this support today. Select LDAP in the General
Settings page in the admin UI and set the "Anonymous User Mask" and
"Anonymous User Password" fields to what you want. The code looks like:

            # May need to log in as the anonymous user before searching.
            if settings.LDAP_ANON_BIND_UID:
                ldapo.simple_bind_s(settings.LDAP_ANON_BIND_UID,
                                    settings.LDAP_ANON_BIND_PASSWD)

            search = ldapo.search_s(settings.LDAP_BASE_DN,
ldap.SCOPE_SUBTREE,
                                    uid)