I think it's just a general performance comparison, though initial
diff loading is particularly slow. I haven't profiled it, but if you
compare loading reviews.reviewboard.org dashboard to
review.source.android.com, or one of the diffs, the latter just feels
much more instantaneous. I don't know how much of that is due to
caching, network latency, javascript, server-side, etc but faster is
always better :) So one part of this is just gathering some profiling
data and comparing.