Hi Christian ,

I changed the RBSITE/conf/settings_local.py to have PythonDebug True
and then I checked the APACHE/logs/error_log. I found that
"settings_local.py" was being imported (with complete Path to RBSITE)
Also all other modules (of RB, Django etc were being picked from the
Virtual-python Install directories (as expected))

Here is the snap of Apache config

LoadModule python_module modules/mod_python.so
<Directory "APACHE_INSTALL/htdocs/modtest">
    AllowOverride FileInfo
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
</Directory>
<VirtualHost *:8080>
  ServerName HOSTNAME.SITE.COMPANY.com
  DocumentRoot "RBOARD_PATH_TO/www/HOSTNAME.SITE.COMPANY.com/htdocs"

  # Error handlers
  ErrorDocument 500 /errordocs/500.html

  # Serve django pages
  <Location "/">
    PythonPath "[' RBOARD_PATH_TO/www/HOSTNAME.SITE.COMPANY.com/conf']
+ sys.path"
    SetEnv DJANGO_SETTINGS_MODULE reviewboard.settings
SetEnv PYTHON_EGG_CACHE "RBOARD_PATH_TO/www/HOSTNAME.SITE.COMPANY.com/
tmp/egg_cache"
    SetEnv HOME "RBOARD_PATH_TO/www/HOSTNAME.SITE.COMPANY.com/data"
    SetHandler mod_python
    PythonHandler django.core.handlers.modpython
    PythonAutoReload Off
    PythonDebug On
    # Used to run multiple mod_python sites in the same apache
    PythonInterpreter reviewboard_HOSTNAME_SITE_COMPANY_com
  </Location>

  # Serve static media without running it through mod_python
  # (overrides the above)
  <Location "/media">
    SetHandler None
  </Location>
  <Location "/errordocs">
    SetHandler None
  </Location>

  <Directory "RBOARD_PATH_TO/www/HOSTNAME.SITE.COMPANY.com/htdocs">
    AllowOverride All
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
  </Directory>

  Alias /media "RBOARD_PATH_TO/www/HOSTNAME.SITE.COMPANY.com/htdocs/
media"
  Alias /errordocs "RBOARD_PATH_TO/www/HOSTNAME.SITE.COMPANY.com/
htdocs/errordocs"
</VirtualHost>

Also here is the Complete Tools version

1.      Apache 2.2.17   : Locally compiled with only mod_python.so module
currently loaded
2.      virtual-python installation : Uses Python2.6.1
3.      $PATH set to the new Python bin location
4.      Mod_python 3.3.1 installed in the virtual-python location (Virtual-
python-Path/lib/python2.6/site-packages)(Tested it by loading the
modules from the Shell which picks correctly the virtual-python
executables)
5.      ReviewBoard 1.5.1-py2.6 (Installed using virtual-python/bin/
easy_install . Correctly installed in the Virtual-python-Path/lib/
python2.6/site-packages)
6.      Easy_install installed the following dependencies of ReviewBoard
(in Virtual-python-Path/lib/python2.6/site-packages)
        a.      django_evolution-0.6.2-py2.6.egg/
        b.      Django-1.2.4-py2.6.egg/
        c.      Djblets-0.6.6-py2.6.egg/

        d.      PIL-1.1.7-py2.6-linux-x86_64.egg/
        e.      python_dateutil-1.5-py2.6.egg/
        f.      pycrypto-2.3-py2.6-linux-x86_64.egg
        g.      paramiko-1.7.6-py2.6.egg
        h.      recaptcha_client-1.0.5-py2.6.egg
        i.      pytz-2010o-py2.6.egg

Thanks,

Anshul