Hi Andrew,

Looks like you're most likely missing patch.exe on the server, or it's
not in the path. The installation guide for Windows should point to a
suitable version.

I'm sorry you had so many problems. Installation on Windows is not at
all smooth. A large part of this is just that Review Board, and most
of its dependencies, were really designed to be run on a Linux or
other Posix platform.

We've tried to get Review Board itself into shape and smooth out the
docs to provide an easier install experience, but it definitely
depends on how the system is configured and how the admin wants it
configured. You'll see threads on here sometimes with various install
problems on Windows, sometimes as a result of having Cygwin installed,
or having some C-compiled Python module being built against MSVC vs.
Mingw32... Lots of issues like that that are beyond our control, but
impact us nonetheless.

There was a project the past few months to create a Windows installer,
which I'm planning to put into the 1.6 release. Doesn't help you now,
certainly, but we are trying to get to a point where it's not so much
a pain.

What I generally recommend to people is that they try to get an
install going on Linux. You will be astounded by how much easier it is
to get going, particularly on a modern Fedora or Ubuntu. If you're
largely a Windows shop, you could consider using a VM (VMware Server
2.0 is free and works fine for that).