Close. Pysvn was for the wrong version of Subversion. I had started off with Subversion 1.6.1 but downgraded to 1.5 after my client kept complaining it was too old. After it still complained, I realized that I had checked out my test code using the newer version of my company- installed TortoiseSVN, which I use for my regular work, which naturally upgraded the working copy. If I had just used the command line to check out, everything would have been fine. Even I shook my head at that one. I never did go back to 1.6.1 and forgot to grab a different version of pysvn.
So with that fixed, everything appears to be working gloriously now. I can view my reviews, create new ones using post-review and have the diff properly uploaded. Thank you so much for your help. Andrew On Jan 7, 11:11 pm, Christian Hammond <[email protected]> wrote: > Hi Andrew, > > Ah, that explains patch. :) > > This error sounds like a pysvn installation problem. Perhaps the DLL > isn't in the right place, or it's for the wrong Python version, or > something. Might want to try wiping pysvn off your system and > reinstalling. > > Christian > > -- > Christian Hammond - [email protected] > Review Board -http://www.reviewboard.org > VMware, Inc. -http://www.vmware.com > > On Fri, Jan 7, 2011 at 8:44 AM, Andrew Leppke <[email protected]> wrote: > > Don't worry Christian, most of the problems I ran into were because I > > had the wrong versions of things. Not being a server admin, I just > > went and grabbed the latest and greatest of everything. Little did I > > realize that versions do indeed matter, especially the version of > > python. Very much a noob mistake, I'd have to say. The guy who would > > be installing this on our server isn't likely to make those same > > mistakes and would probably laugh and shake his head at me if he knew. > > It's all good though because I learned something out of all this. > > > In regards to how I got that far with Patch missing, it never really > > was missing. It was installed into Program Files/gnuwin32 when I was > > installing everything else and the Path was updated. Once I got the > > server running, I tried to use post-review and it complained about not > > having the GNU diff. GNU diff wanted to be installed into Program > > Files/gnuwin32 as well and I didn't want it overwriting anything Patch > > needed so I moved Patch to Program Files/Patch (and added the new > > location to the Path) and let GNU diff install into Program Files/ > > gnuwin32 (already in the Path). This was all done while the web server > > was still running so I imagine the Patch check was already done, which > > is probably why RB never complained. It did complain once I restarted > > Apache because Apache wouldn't have known about the changes to the > > Path. I'm pretty sure I had done refreshes on the RB site after I had > > moved Patch but it's possible I was just refreshing from my browser's > > cache. And yes, I am updating the System Path in the environment > > variables. > > > Anyway, I did a system reboot this morning and that seemed to do the > > trick... sort of. The Review Board page loads again so it looks like > > it found Patch. But when I clicked on a review request, I got a 500 > > Server Error. The Apache error log gives me this: > > > DLL load failed: The specified procedure could not be found. > > Traceback (most recent call last): > > File "c:\python25\lib\site-packages\django-1.2.4-py2.5.egg\django > > \core\handlers\base.py", line 100, in get_response > > response = callback(request, *callback_args, **callback_kwargs) > > File "c:\python25\lib\site-packages\ReviewBoard-1.5.1-py2.5.egg > > \reviewboard\accounts\decorators.py", line 27, in _check > > return view_func(*args, **kwargs) > > File "c:\python25\lib\site-packages\ReviewBoard-1.5.1-py2.5.egg > > \reviewboard\accounts\decorators.py", line 46, in _check_valid_prefs > > return view_func(request, *args, **kwargs) > > File "c:\python25\lib\site-packages\ReviewBoard-1.5.1-py2.5.egg > > \reviewboard\reviews\views.py", line 251, in review_detail > > 'PRE_CREATION': PRE_CREATION, > > File "c:\python25\lib\site-packages\ReviewBoard-1.5.1-py2.5.egg > > \reviewboard\reviews\views.py", line 91, in > > make_review_request_context > > upload_diff_form = UploadDiffForm(review_request) > > File "c:\python25\lib\site-packages\ReviewBoard-1.5.1-py2.5.egg > > \reviewboard\reviews\forms.py", line 229, in __init__ > > data, *args, **kwargs) > > File "c:\python25\lib\site-packages\ReviewBoard-1.5.1-py2.5.egg > > \reviewboard\diffviewer\forms.py", line 44, in __init__ > > if self.repository.get_scmtool().get_diffs_use_absolute_paths(): > > File "c:\python25\lib\site-packages\ReviewBoard-1.5.1-py2.5.egg > > \reviewboard\scmtools\models.py", line 52, in get_scmtool > > return cls(self) > > File "c:\python25\lib\site-packages\ReviewBoard-1.5.1-py2.5.egg > > \reviewboard\scmtools\svn.py", line 77, in __init__ > > import pysvn > > File "C:\Python25\lib\site-packages\pysvn\__init__.py", line 99, in > > <module> > > import _pysvn_2_5 > > ImportError: DLL load failed: The specified procedure could not be > > found. > > ERROR:root:Exception thrown for user leppke athttp://localhost/reviews/r/1/ > > > I assumed this was a separate problem from what I was experiencing > > before so I went to try post-review again and see if I could at least > > upload a diff to look at when I got this new problem fixed. Post- > > review encountered an error uploading the diff so it only created the > > request but didn't attach the diff. I'm not sure where to look to find > > out more about that error. No idea if it's related to the 500 Server > > Errors but since neither started happening until after I rebooted this > > morning, I'm going to assume it is. > > > On Jan 7, 4:17 am, Ian Battersby <[email protected]> wrote: > >> Hi Andrew, > > >> I can relate somewhat to the issue with version dependencies on > >> Windows but do have it all working here running several instances with > >> SVN and TFS (via SVNBridge) source repositories, and using AD > >> integration for authentication. > > >> I'm not sure about the error you had above but our basic install > >> includes: > > >> MySQL 6.1 > >> Apache HTTP Server 2.2.16 > >> GnuWin32: Patch-2.5.9.7 > >> Git Version 1.7.2.3-preview20100911 (mainly for it's diff generator) > >> Python 2.6 MySQL-python-1.2.3c1 > >> Python 2.6 PIL-1.1.7 > >> Python 2.6 pycrypto-2.1.0 > >> Python 2.6 PySVN 1.7.4-1321 > >> Python 2.6 python-ldap-2.3.11 > >> Python 2.6 setuptools-0.6c11 > >> Python 2.6.6 > >> Silk Subversion 1.6.12 (x64) > >> Memcached > >> WSGI Apache module > >> SSPI Authentication Apache module > > >> Christian: Shout me if you want any beta testing of the installer > >> module :) > > >> Regards, Ian. > > >> On Jan 6, 8:34 pm, Andrew Leppke <[email protected]> wrote: > > >> > I'm trying to determine if Review Board is right for our company and > >> > so far, I've had nothing but problems. I ran into numerous > >> > installation problems because I couldn't figure out which versions of > >> > what I needed to use. But I solved all that. At least, I think I've > >> > solved all that since the server is up and running. > > >> > My latest problem occurred when I attempted to create my first review. > >> > I used post-review to create and upload a diff. Everything looked like > >> > it had worked from the command line as I got the following output: > > >> > C:\workspaces\test\src\test>post-review -o > >> > ==> Review Board Login Required > >> > Enter username and password for Review Board athttp://localhost/reviews/ > >> > Username: leppke > >> > Password: > >> > Review request #2 posted. > > >> >http://localhost/reviews/r/2 > > >> > As expected, it opened a browser to the review and sure enough, it was > >> > there. I click on the View Diff tab and am treated to this wonderful > >> > stacktrace: > > >> > [Error 2] The system cannot find the file specified > > >> > Traceback (most recent call last): > >> > File "c:\python25\lib\site-packages\ReviewBoard-1.5.1-py2.5.egg > >> > \reviewboard\diffviewer\views.py", line 153, in view_diff > >> > interdiffset, highlighting, True) > >> > File "c:\python25\lib\site-packages\ReviewBoard-1.5.1-py2.5.egg > >> > \reviewboard\diffviewer\diffutils.py", line 1063, in get_diff_files > >> > large_data=True) > >> > File "c:\python25\lib\site-packages\Djblets-0.6.6-py2.5.egg\djblets > >> > \util\misc.py", line 166, in cache_memoize > >> > data = lookup_callable() > >> > File "c:\python25\lib\site-packages\ReviewBoard-1.5.1-py2.5.egg > >> > \reviewboard\diffviewer\diffutils.py", line 1062, in <lambda> > >> > enable_syntax_highlighting)), > >> > File "c:\python25\lib\site-packages\ReviewBoard-1.5.1-py2.5.egg > >> > \reviewboard\diffviewer\diffutils.py", line 549, in get_chunks > >> > new = get_patched_file(old, filediff) > >> > File "c:\python25\lib\site-packages\ReviewBoard-1.5.1-py2.5.egg > >> > \reviewboard\diffviewer\diffutils.py", line 374, in get_patched_file > >> > return patch(filediff.diff, buffer, filediff.dest_file) > >> > File "c:\python25\lib\site-packages\ReviewBoard-1.5.1-py2.5.egg > >> > \reviewboard\diffviewer\diffutils.py", line 222, in patch > >> > stderr=subprocess.STDOUT) > >> > File "C:\Python25\lib\subprocess.py", line 594, in __init__ > >> > errread, errwrite) > >> > File "C:\Python25\lib\subprocess.py", line 822, in _execute_child > >> > startupinfo) > >> > WindowsError: [Error 2] The system cannot find the file specified > > >> > From what I can tell, it threw a FileNotFound exception when trying to > >> > create the diff but it doesn't say which file it was trying to find. > >> > Anyone have any suggestions? > > > -- > > Want to help the Review Board project? Donate today > > athttp://www.reviewboard.org/donate/ > > Happy user? Let us know athttp://www.reviewboard.org/users/ > > -~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~--- > > To unsubscribe from this group, send email to > > [email protected] > > For more options, visit this group > > athttp://groups.google.com/group/reviewboard?hl=en -- Want to help the Review Board project? Donate today at http://www.reviewboard.org/donate/ Happy user? Let us know at http://www.reviewboard.org/users/ -~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~--- To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [email protected] For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/reviewboard?hl=en
