sudo -u apache -s
bash-4.2$
bash-4.2$ python
Python 2.7.1 (r271:86832, Apr 12 2011, 16:15:16)
>>>  import os
  File "<stdin>", line 1
    import os
    ^
IndentationError: unexpected indent
>>> data_dir = '/var/www/reviewboard'
>>> print os.path.isdir(data_dir)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
NameError: name 'os' is not defined
>>> print os.access(data_dir, os.W_OK)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
NameError: name 'os' is not defined

Sorry I am in IST hence some dealy in responding.