On Mon, Aug 6, 2012 at 6:38 PM, Stephen Gallagher <step...@gallagherhome.com
> wrote:

> On Mon, 2012-08-06 at 20:50 -0400, Stephen Gallagher wrote:
> > On Mon, 2012-08-06 at 17:27 -0700, Christian Hammond wrote:
> > > Going further, if that change is reverted, the next failure seems to
> > > come from when they redid the compiler API. What's odd is that the
> > > code doesn't look like it should be an issue, but the bisects keep
> > > pointing to it. This is revision
> > > 96b356d7c9a8e5626b4ce018577984b89c7f2178.
> >
> > From further investigation, it looks like that patch was completely
> > broken until they added both c1ff4867fe57a9fffbddae38b51d888c85304a87
> > and fb51fba3f391a9685f4ab65757e7511e3f927df8 to fix it properly. So
> > we're probably getting a false-positive from git bisect because those
> > two patches are also not included. Maybe a quick 'git rebase -i' to
> > merge those into 96b356d7c9a8e5626b4ce018577984b89c7f2178 will allow git
> > bisect to find the real culprit?
> >
> > The only other thing I noticed was that they did change behavior in one
> > place in that code. In Compiler.compile(), they were previously passing
> > "output_path" to the compilers as the output argument, but this patch
> > changes that to be "output_file" as determined by finders.find(). Being
> > unfamiliar with the code and the return type of finders.find(), I can't
> > say whether this is relevant.
> >

> Thanks very much for your help on this Christian, but at this point
> (with my deadline running close and the hour growing late), I'm just
> going to go the downgrade route and treat this as a life-lesson: always
> test version compatibility before making a release.
>
> Thanks again, and if we find a solution for this later on, I can still
> upgrade django_pipeline back up to a recent release. I'll just be
> carrying the annoying "epoch" version-mangle forever. C'est la vie.

Sorry man :( That's my life-lesson. I had thought our servers and nightly
builds upgraded to django-pipeline along with the release, but no,
apparently not.

I'll keep poking at this and talk to the developer. He's a good guy and has
helped with these regressions before, so we'll get it figured out.

Thanks for all your help on this. Really sorry for the trouble.