What confuses me about your steps is that rb-site upgrade calls syncdb, and
you must call evolve --execute as well, but I didn't see that in your repro
steps.

Django Evolution 0.6.7 is buggy. 0.6.9 solves a lot of these problems. It
should have been installed when you upgraded Review Board. How did you
perform the upgrade? And where did you get manage.py (I assume .py, not
.sh) from?