Hey,

Yeah, it's probably best if we stop shipping that. It doesn't get any
testing. (There's a couple other legacy ones in there we might want to get
rid of).

You'll still want the module. I think the best plan of action is to create
a simple Python package that ships that with an entrypoint, and just update
the Tool entry in the database to point to that one. That'll help keep that
under your control in a more maintainable way. I can point you to what to
do for that if it helps.

Going back to the evolutions, running --hint --execute is dangerous. It
will cause further problems down the road, since the proper evolution state
won't be stored.

Best option is to get django-evolution 0.6.9 and try an upgrade with that.
We've been shipping that as a requirement for a while, since previous
versions have some major issues in certain scenarios, which cause the
problems you're seeing. If upgrading your 1.6.x database to that doesn't
fix anything, there are a couple steps I can walk you through to get that
back into a working state (basically clearing some garbage state stored
from the failed upgrade).

I also have to strongly recommend you get a more recent 1.7.x. Preferable
1.7.18. 1.7.6 is almost a year old now, and we've fixed many very important
bugs like this, plus some large security vulnerabilities, browse
compatibility issues, and performance issues since that release.