1. Visual Studio 2010 is the last version that works (or almost works) on ReactOS [...]
2. Dropping useful features is not really a good idea at all.

Oleg, nobody wants to take away any features here. VS2010 will continue to run on ReactOS now and in the future. This discussion is merely about *compiling ReactOS* with VS2010.

Everyone, please put personal preferences aside and think about the big picture:
We don't have the workforce Microsoft had when creating Windows XP.
The only way we can ever create a compatible OS is by leveraging modern technologies not yet available back then and building on the open-source work third parties have already done for us. If we however decide to limit us to 10-year-old technologies now, we can do neither. Don't expect us to ever get this project into a usable state in a lifetime then.
The future of the project is at stake here!

I don't want to repeat myself, so let me just link to the reasoning I already gave:
* https://reactos.org/archives/public/ros-dev/2020-December/019158.html
* https://github.com/reactos/reactos/pull/2658#issuecomment-619540076
* https://github.com/reactos/reactos/pull/2658#issuecomment-629498043
* https://github.com/reactos/reactos/pull/2658#discussion_r427615924