On Mon, 7 May 2012, Abrolag wrote:

> I really, really, REALLY don't want to have to try to find something (or
> even a bunch of somethings) that does all of that.
>
> I get frustrated by RGs bugs, but never by it's functionality.

I second that. And, Rosegarden UI *is* intuitive. It took me some days
to find out many cool things but I understood how to record MIDI and
Audio and edit them within an hour.

I tried OpenOctave yesterday. It took me hours and a manual to record
something but I am sure I've not yet understood what these Inputs and
Busses are needed for, how this Linuxsampler can be administrated, how
Tracks' instruments can be changed afterwards and more. It may be mighty
but it's a strange logic inside - at least for me.

> I do wish Michael would not be so negative. We know it's had to take a back
> seat to putting food on the table. We understand that it is a massive piece of
> complex software - even the time to compile tells you that! However, saying
> that this or that will *never* be fixed is shortchanging everyone, including
> putting off potential future devs who might otherwise take a look at the
> problems.

If he has to work 70 hours a week behind the steering wheel of his truck
then he needs support. But who can help him?