On 07/05/12 09:20, Holger Marzen wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I made my first song with rosegarden. I chose Rosegarden because:
>
> - MIDI-Sequencer
> - Can use Synthesizer-plugins, eliminating latency and jitter compared
>    to internal MIDI
> - Can record and arrange audio
> - Can use LADSPA-plugins for audio (reverb, echo ...)
>
> What I don't need:
>
> - Create scoresheets. Matrix editor and event editor is all I need

Personally I think rosegarden is one of the sequencers with best music
notation support (notice I didn't write "sequencers for linux...") given
the kind of notation support one would expect on a sequencer.
I also never use the audio side and would really like roseegarden to
focus on MIDI (as I would like DAW software to focus on audio) - do one
thing and do it well - clearly when that "one thing" is "midi
sequencing" things get rather complicated.

> What is missing for me?

I think if all the current bugs (especially in the matrix editor) were
all fixed I'd be a happy user for quite a while. But as I said I don't
use it for audio.

Of course that's my personal opinion. And I fully agree in the big
thankfulness to all the devs who worked hardly on this really cool piece
of music software!
Lorenzo