The Windows alpha is something I knocked together with a view to completing at
least the MIDI portion at some point this year.

Mac I can't do anything about at the moment as I don't have one.  However
perhaps that's a good angle to pursue with Kickstarter if there are more
developers interested in this.  I can see perhaps the kernel of an idea forming
there.