On Mon, 7 May 2012, david wrote:

> > It could all have something to do with all the newest latest and
> > greatest stuff in the most recent distro too. I'm still running
> > 10.04. It looks like upgrading to 12.04 is going to involve a fairly
> > painful migration process getting settled in with the newest KDE,
> > and I'm in no hurry to bother with that. Maybe June, maybe later.
>
> Hmm, so RG12.04 requires KDE$? If so, what a great step backwards!

I guess he wanted to say that with Ubuntu 12.04 you can't have KDE3.
There is a KDE3-Fork named Trinity Desktop Environment. Looks ok.

But I moved to xfce. I am happy with it. You can adapt it (use only one
combined starter and taskbar) so it looks and feels similar to KDE3:

http://www.marzen.de/tmp/xfce4.png