On Mon, 07 May 2012 10:13:48 -1000
david <gn...@hawaii.rr.com> wrote:

> On 05/06/2012 10:33 PM, Lorenzo Sutton wrote:
> > On 07/05/12 09:20, Holger Marzen wrote:
> >> Hi all,
> >>
> >> I made my first song with rosegarden. I chose Rosegarden because:
> >>
> >> - MIDI-Sequencer
> >> - Can use Synthesizer-plugins, eliminating latency and jitter compared
>   >>     to internal MIDI
> >> - Can record and arrange audio
> >> - Can use LADSPA-plugins for audio (reverb, echo ...)
> >>
> >> What I don't need:
> >>
> >> - Create scoresheets. Matrix editor and event editor is all I need
>
> I sometimes use the event editor. I never use the matrix editor. I think
> RG could profitably get rid of the matrix editor. ;-)

Heresy!

Then again, I heavily use the matrix editor, often use the audio section,
sometimes use the event editor, and occasionally use the notation editor.

I really, really, REALLY don't want to have to try to find something (or
even a bunch of somethings) that does all of that.

I get frustrated by RGs bugs, but never by it's functionality.

I do wish Michael would not be so negative. We know it's had to take a back
seat to putting food on the table. We understand that it is a massive piece of
complex software - even the time to compile tells you that! However, saying
that this or that will *never* be fixed is shortchanging everyone, including
putting off potential future devs who might otherwise take a look at the
problems.

--
Will J Godfrey
http://www.musically.me.uk