Andy <andy-nntp23@...> writes:

> >david wrote:
> You should do a bug report on the bug reporting system of your distro (Ubuntu
> / Debian) asking the distro packagers to include this script in the next
> package update.
>
> The script is quite hidden as all other scripts in the /scripts/ directory in
> the source code appear to be build or development related (of no use to normal
> users), so I imagine the packagers never noticed this script.
>
> I will certainly include this script in the next update of my Redhat / Centos
> / SL Rosegarden package.

I run Kubuntu 12.04 with the KXstudio multimedia extensions and Rosegarden
11.11.42 from whatever repo KXstudio installed when it was installed.

http://kxstudio.sourceforge.net/Main_Page

While this is an excellent environment for sequencing MIDI, it becomes such a
bastardized distro to maintain that I wouldn't have the first clue whom to
approach with such a suggestion.

My thinking is that the Rosegarden Developers should change the initial
package so that the script is placed in ~/.local/share/rosegarden/library
right alongside the RGD files with a README at compile time as a standard
compile/make option.  If any user is dealing with RGD issues, that would be
the very first place they'd look and they wouldn't have to worry about root
permissions if they are limited users on the system.

Regards,
Gary