Gary G. wrote:

> It looks like 7 years ago the developers of Rosegarden had indeed been
> developing such a script.
>
> A fellow by the name of Pedro Lopez-Cabanillos was working on exactly this
> problem with a perl script called ins2rgd.pl  Somehow it seems the project
> simply vanished or lost interest.

Actually I just checked and that script is still included in the current
rosegarden source code tarball, you can find it under /scripts/.

Here are some instructions on how to use it:

http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.audio.rosegarden.user/5102

If the rgd file format and the ins file format hasn't changed since 2005 ,
then the script should still work fine.

Let us know how you get on with it.