On 10/18/2017 05:47 PM, D. Michael McIntyre wrote:
On 10/18/2017 02:40 AM, david wrote:

Well, I prefer Debian.

The problem used to be they only released every 67.3 years, and if you couldn't wait that long, there were no good alternatives.  Testing definitely wasn't a good alternative.  I ended up with more breakage with Testing than I did Unstable, ironically enough.  That was definitely a long time ago though.

I used to run Sid, via Aptosid. That worked, too. They were doing a decent job of smoothing out the roughnesses.

Debian still does take it's time about releases, though.

Debian Testing has been pretty reasonable for me. But the desktop is the Debian setup that also has the KXStudio repositories. Maybe they're the problem.

Likely.

Which is a bummer. There are things I like about KXStudio stuff.

Haven't compiled Rosegarden from source. Worth trying. Link for instructions?

I don't have one on speed paste and I should have left for work two minutes ago.

I found this on Sourceforge:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/rosegarden/files/

Will try that. May your employment be specially gainful!

--
David W. Jones
gn...@hawaii.rr.com