On 10/27/2017 03:19 AM, david wrote:

I've noticed that when I upgrade my Debian Testing installations using "apt-get upgrade" vs Synaptic's "Mark all upgrades" option, apt-get reports a number of packages being held back.

I've always used "apt-get dist-upgrade" and skipped the pretty package managers. The "dist-upgrade" option will pull in things apt-get will skip, but theoretically it won't get anything broken.

Will try that. May your employment be specially gainful!

And I hope a lot less exhausting, Michael!

Well, I made it through 2.5 weeks of notice, collected my quarterly bonus on my last day, and handed in my keys.