Le  2 avril 2018 à 14H02 (-0400)
rhkra...@gmail.com a écrit :

> It is nice to see that this list is not totally dead.

Sorry for this late reply.
I'd no time to reply the first time I read your
post then I forgot it.

Le 18 février 2018 à 19H00 (-0500)
rhkra...@gmail.com a écrit :

> (Note: I am using Rosegarden 12 instead of the latest version because
> that is what is supported on my Debian Wheezy based computer.  If
> this problem is solved in a later version of Rosegarden, I will look
> (harder) into ways to upgrade.)

I don't think lyrics had have any fix related to your problem since
12.4.

> My problem is this--in some songs, when I add lyrics, there is not
> enough space for the lyrics (that is, for each syllable or measure)
> so words or syllables are cut off and not displayed and/or
> overwritten (and therefore garbled).  (This being on the Notation
> display, the one that displays musical notes and lyrics (if present).)
>
> I did find the spacing "control" and adjusting it does improve the
> situation, but even on the song I'm looking at now, 220% does not
> eliminate the problem.

I can't reproduce this issue here.
Moreover I don't see any noticeable effect of the spacing percentage on
the readability of lyrics.

> I can email the particular song to anyone that is interested--iirc, I
> got the MIDI part from someone on the Internet, which had the lyrics
> in a separate "voice", and I've started to add the lyrics to the
> melody.  (But, even the lyrics in that separate voice have the same
> problem (they are displayed against a musical clef with rests of
> varying duration.)

Please, send me this song or some example showing the problem and
I'll try to fix it.

Yves