On 6/13/20 10:40 PM, Ted Felix wrote:
  Before I push this, does anyone have any ideas why there might be such a complicated algorithm for computing the end of a percussion note?

I think I've figured it out. By making the notes last up until the next note or the bar, the notation comes out looking correct. If we were to make all percussion notes 64th notes, the notation becomes an unreadable pile of rests.

I guess for those that don't use notation, we could shorten the notes to make working with the editors a little easier. Maybe we should offer the ability to switch back and forth.

Ted.