On Tue, 6 Feb 2018, Simon Lundström wrote:

My only negative experience of the rsyslog unpaid community support is github issues where I've submitted and they weren't answered and/or the responses stopped coming after a while. I know that the Github interface is not great for communication since even I with my very small OSS-projects have accidentally missed issues reported.

I am configured to get e-mails for all postes to the github issues, and I try to respond to them as I would the mailing list, but there's less backup if I miss something than the mailing list.

I think we recently added a template for filing issues, should/could we modify it to suggest that if it's a 'how do I' question, that it should go to the mailing list instead?

When I get busy, the first rsyslog stuff that drops is the forum messages (since I can't reply via e-mail and have to actually login to the forum to reply), second is the github questions, and third are the mailing list messages I don't know (mostly the TLS related ones)