On Thu, 8 Mar 2018, Rainer Gerhards wrote:

Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2018 07:58:49 +0100
From: Rainer Gerhards <rgerha...@hq.adiscon.com>
To: rsyslog-users <rsyslog@lists.adiscon.com>
Subject: Re: [rsyslog] POLL (informal): What are your thoughts regarding
    current and potential rsyslog support channels?

<rsyslog-users-lists.adiscon....@whyaskwhy.org>:
On 2/6/2018 1:56 PM, David Lang wrote:

Resurrecting this thread.

Any further thoughts regarding retiring the forums? Are we at a point where
the rsyslog team would feel comfortable deprecating the forum and suggesting
that users subscribe to the mailing list, post their question to GitHub or
use StackOverflow.com?

I admit I do not have the feeling like we got any real consensus
moving towards any other solution. I may be wrong, but my impression
is that there seems to be little desire to change what currently
exists.

I would like to replace the existing forum with something that ties in to the mailing lists (and/or retire the forum entirely if setting something up that can integrate is too much work)

But I'm not the PR guy here.