On 3/10/2018 5:53 PM, David Lang wrote:
On Fri, 9 Mar 2018, Rainer Gerhards wrote:

1) switch forum to read-only
2) mention github as issue tracker (email integration is great)
3) try this e.g. for 3 month

If it works out - great. If not, move on to something else. New users
will probably not even notice that we are trying out different ways.

As I said a while ago, I have some pros and cons with github for
questions, but it may work out.

What do you think?

worth a try, although I would put the mailing list ahead of github (github is great for real issues, horrible for user config questions)

Related note: That is actually the order proposed for the doc footer in the PR submitted on Friday :)

https://github.com/rsyslog/rsyslog-doc/pull/624

Live view:

http://rsyslog.whyaskwhy.org/i622-update-footer-help-refs/