<rsyslog-users-lists.adiscon....@whyaskwhy.org>:
> On 3/9/2018 1:53 AM, deoren wrote:
>>
>> On 3/9/2018 1:48 AM, Rainer Gerhards wrote:
>

>>> IMO its not the right thing to send it to the list. Whoever is
>>> interested in those questions can subscribe. Actually I am for quite a
>>> while.
>>

>> Ah OK, I'm glad to hear I'm wrong. I'll look into subscribing to questions
>> with that tag. A native subscribe/unsubscribe interface is vastly preferably
>> to rss2email + RSS/Atom feed setup.
>

> It wasn't immediately obvious how to do it, but mouse over a tag and various
> options will be displayed, including one to subscribe to new posts using
> that tag by email.
>
> Additionally, here is a direct tag subscription link:
>
> https://stackexchange.com/filters/new
>
> I then confirmed the subscription via the email I received. I should be all
> setup to receive those notifications now.

So how about this?

- do not mention forum any longer
- say "github is for questions"
- say "SE is experimentally for questions, but less likely to draw
answers from team"
- keep "mailing list is great to ask questions"

update this in doc, site etc.

If nobody violently objects by monday morning, let's implement the
changes. We may not get everything immediately, but that's it. I'll
see that I can change the forum to read-only, but that needs to go to
web guys and is not top priority.

Rainer