On Tue, 13 Sep 2022, 21:56 Nils Bruin, <nbr...@sfu.ca> wrote:

> I'd actually be interested in knowing what the substitute for "git trac
> checkout ..." is. Because with trac, all ticket branches are present in the
> "trac" repository, you can pull anything from there. If I have to
> merge/pull from developer branch, do I need to add another remote to my
> local sage git repository? That sounds very laborious. Particularly for how
> to keep it up-to-date.

No, you don't need to add the remote of the author of the PR, because the
PR is a branch in the main repo.

git-trac's functionality is provided by cli, a command line tool ftom
GitHub, so this is all covered (except parts of git-trac only used by
Volker-but you don't need to worry about this)

it's explained in some detail in docs prepared by Matthias.

> Note that sage trees are rather voluminous, so (some?) people tend to have
> not that many of them on their machine.

indeed, and it would not change. no need for extra trees, compared to trac
workflow.

If you're working on tickets that are relatively close to the current