On Fri, 20 Aug 1999, Chris Pile wrote:

> No written contract was ever drawn up with Persona regarding the rights to
> Defender, so technically I still own all rights to it...  However, the game
> was
> written to be marketed by Persona and a sort of 'verbal agreement' was made
> between myself and Malcolm.
>
> Personally I have no objections about releasing Defender into the PD, and
> I've
> mentioned this to David L. on several occasions.  After all, the game was
> never
> going to make any money and it seems a shame for it to remain hidden
> forever...

Syncytium is in the same boat entirely, except it is much older (and shows
it!). I really think it has sold as many copies as it is going to, at
least at its current price.

But I agree with Si - Defender is still quite new and I don't think it has
had a chance to sell to its entire market yet. Has it ever been for sale
at a Gloucester show, for example? (I often tried to buy software at shows
rather than by mail, partly because you can only be sure a product is
released when you've got a copy in your hand...)

Andrew

--
 --  Andrew Collier  ([EMAIL PROTECTED])  --        My other
  --      http://mnemotech.ucam.org      --       .sig is a