On Sun, 25 Jul 2010 23:54:41 +0200, Thomas Harte <tomh.retros...@gmail.com> wrote:

PNG wasn't a leg pull, though I've been unable to find the Amiga map
for Fantasy World Dizzy. However, the entire PC map (256 colour,
individual screens slightly too large) is 250 kb as a PNG. So it'd be
possible.

Would this one do:
http://hol.abime.net/pic_full/gamemap/0501-0600/502_gamemap1.png

It would take some stiching to make it 100% and fit 256 pixels wide.

Animated elements are going to need to be repainted frame by
frame so are logically separate from the background anyway.

My thought was that animated elements could be tiles in the same way as static tiles to save any special handling of those for each screen. However, I guess it would be rather straight forward to generalise animations as another layer instead?

-Frode
--
^ Frode Tennebø | email: fr...@tennebo.com | fr...@irc ^
|  with Standard.Disclaimer; use Standard.Disclaimer;  |