I agree with Manta however that both of these things are things I would like. I actually have wanted to use a multi-line find/replace many times and have had to do work arounds in every editor i've used.

Neil Hodgson wrote:

Manta:

I also miss this. My last editor had a checkbox on both find and replace
dialog boxes labelled "All documents" in a little box labelled "Scope".

  I would like to reduce the number of controls in the Find dialog
rather than increase them.

Is it possible to replace control characters in the selection with the
C-style escape sequences before population in the "find what" box?
Ideally, it would be nice to have the same translation occur on a paste
in that box, but I rarely use this and I doubt anyone else does.

  It is possible but contends with the idea that multiple line
selection before find/replace means that the user probably wants to
restrict the scope of the operation. Unlike you, I rarely search for
multiple line strings.

  Neil

_______________________________________________
Scite-interest mailing list
[email protected]
http://mailman.lyra.org/mailman/listinfo/scite-interest

_______________________________________________
Scite-interest mailing list
[email protected]
http://mailman.lyra.org/mailman/listinfo/scite-interest

Reply via email to