Dear List,

I am trying to rid my house of airborne toxins. These may have accumulated in the inner working of the microwave as they did in the fridge. One way to detoxify these things (according to Dr Croft, a pathologist) is to spray them down liberally with ammonia solution and let it dry thoroughly (days, a week or even 2). So it seems to me that this would be inherently hazardous where a MW oven is concerned what with the HV storage capacitor or whatever. I can't think of any good way to do it.

It may well be healthier to just get a new one. Simpler for certain, but where is the fun in that? Maybe there is a cheap one at Menards or something.

Thanks,  Kathryn